Thursday, August 2, 2012

How to Display & Organize Jewelry

My jewelry was in desperate need of an organizational makeover. Nothing is worse than going to put on a necklace and it being tangled with 20 others or not being able to find the perfect accessory when you're in a hurry!


I wanted to be able to hang my necklaces in a way that I could not only see each one, but also in way that would be visually appealing while adding to the decor in my bedroom. I had this old, worn, and dated candle holder that must have originally cost me around $8.00. I made sure to remove all of the wax from the candles, then sprayed the entire thing with one coat of spray primer. I then spray painted it with a Montana brand turquoise spray paint in a matte finish. I chose matte because I want it to eventually have more of a worn look which doesn't work with a high-gloss finish.








 Hanging it was a little difficult, I used a ton of clear tacks to support it (small nails or brackets would work much better) along the sides. I organized my necklaces to evenly distribute the weight, and voilĂ ! A beautiful and unique display piece!


After completing that, I was totally inspired to create a display piece for all of my bangles and rings as well. I had some mismatched plates and cup that no longer went with my kitchenware. I bought them for my first apartment, so I knew I wanted to keep them some how.

First I spray painted the dishes with a lime green spray paint, also Montana brand, in a matte finish as well. I thought of stacking them together, almost like a cake stand. I used a glue gun in between pieces to make sure it would be sturdy. Now I will have these dishes forever, with a fun story behind the display piece!








No comments:

Post a Comment