Friday, August 3, 2012

Perfect at home manicure!

After a work week of constructing and painting, my nails were completely toast. They looked horrendous and I needed to fix them fast for the weekend! I make sure to get a really good manicure about once a month, then I touch them up in between. I get so bored with one color after a while anyways, it's fun to switch it up!

The best trick I've learned so far- is to completely coat the outside of the nail bed and outer cuticle area with Vaseline. (please forgive my half spray painted nails!) Make sure to avoid your actual nails-only put it on the skin. 
Paint your nails as sloppy as you'd like to! Going out of the lines is no longer an issue with the vaseline trick. It takes a lot of time and stress out of doing a manicure yourself!


The polish outside of the nail bed will wipe right off, without nail polish remover! You can even wait until the polish on the actual nail is completely dry and wipe the entire nail off with a dry cotton ball.

It looks like professional manicure. No paint on the cuticles, and they are moisturized and conditioned at the same time! 


I wanted to add a little fun to my nails! I decided to use a clear top coat, then coat my middle finger nail with a thin coat of nail glue...being very careful to not let it bleed outside the nail bed.


I sprinkled the craft glitter on my the middle finger that I coated with nail glue, and then used a tooth pick to put single pieces of glitter on the very tips of the other nails. Accent nails are really fun, especially with a bold style like this! Now I'm all set for the weekend, and I can wait an additional week to return to the nail salon!



No comments:

Post a Comment