Monday, August 6, 2012

DIY Damask Dresser Revamp

I've had this old, worn, Malm dresser from Ikea for a few years now. Two of the drawers broke off and I never got around to fixing them. I was just about to toss it all together when I thought---"hmmmm, this could be a great way to showcase my favorite pumps!"
I started by painting the inside of the dresser with a matte white paint. Covering all of the inside, I was planning on leaving the inner sides black, but ended up getting paint everywhere!
Next, I knew I wanted to add some type of bottom to the dresses. I found an old shelf in the garage, and covered it in the wall paper I used in my previous entry-when refinishing the night stand. Always be sure to save left over materials! I wrapped the shelf like a present, applying a coat of spray mount to the shelf first. Make sure the seams of the paper are on the side that will be facing down.
I put the shelf inside the bottom of the dresser and placed my shoes inside of it. Now my favorite shoes are showcased beautifully and the dresser looks completely new! I'm so glad I didn't throw this dresser out, as it now ties my bedroom decor together perfectly.




No comments:

Post a Comment