Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Coffee Table Makeover

Hi guys! So sorry it's been so long, I've been busy with various design projects and neglecting my blog quite a bit! I promised to share more, even during the crazy holidays!

One of my girlfriends just moved into her own apartment and really wanted to make it her own. She had some basic pieces but she was craving something that was full of color and life to go in between her living room chairs. 


This table was given to me on a previous design project and I knew I wanted to redo it because of it's awesome shape and size. It's small but functional with the additional storage on the bottom shelf, and I absolutely adore the feminne shape! I started by cleaning with a damp cloth, sanding, and priming. 


Tiffany's blue is obviously my favorite color, as I continue to use it over and over. You just can't go wrong with such a classic color. It works in all types of spaces, especially when you need to add a bit of life! I used a regular can of paint from the hardware store and painted it with a brush. 


This particular client is a total girly-girl so I wanted to add stripes in something metallic to break up the blue a bit and create more detail. The gold gives in a perfect pop and makes the table appear more custom. It's fun to layer colors and patterns, it sparks conversation and interest! Make sure to wait until the first layer of paint is completely dry, then use painter's tape to get clean lines. Section off what you don't want painted, apply the second color and wait until it dries before removing the tape. I used spray paint for this layer. It's okay to mix mediums! 


With a little creativity and paint this table went from drab to fab in only a couple of hours. The color and stripes completely update the look! Please feel free to share some of your favorite design makeovers with me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment