Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Salon Makeover


The reception area in the salon that I work at was in need of a makeover. It had a really cute boutique feel before, but now that the salon is growing and the clientele is increasing, it only made sense to update the interior.

There are a lot of spray tans done at this salon, so I knew I needed to stick with colors that could take the over spray. The chairs before were so cute but were practically ruined by spray tan seeping from the rooms. I started with choosing a semi-gloss pant for the wall. I thought about doing the entire wall as an accent wall with one solid color, but then I realized it may actually make the place look smaller. I remembered learning how stripes elongate spaces. Vertical stripes make rooms appear taller, while horizontal stripes make rooms appear wider.










I used the same color on the doors across from the striped wall to unify the space-also to hide any spray tan that tends to seep out from time to time. I left the frames white to keep a nice contrast.












 The original desk was really cute but definitely needed a more professional desk with more separation. I browsed a few showrooms in Burbank and found a place where I was able to order one custom. I was able to select the shape, color, and exact size so that it would fit in the space perfectly. It was affordable and delivered directly to the salon!







Selecting chairs was a bit of a challenge. I needed to find something that was small enough for the space, and something dark. I first focused only on upholstered accent chairs, then I realized dining room chairs would really be a more ideal size. I knew microfiber material would be perfect because it's super easy to clean, and it also looks really fancy. I found these chairs at World Market in a beautiful chocolate suede. The quilted pattern on the back is a perfect match with the stripes and the rich wood. It almost reminds me of Hollywood Regency meets the beach.



The last item I purchased was the fun side table with the dark wooden legs. I loved the idea of a glass top because glass really helps spaces stay open and feng shui. (funk-shway) Topped it off with some greenery and some magazines and voila! Brand new look and feel. I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment